Wednesday, 15 March 2017

Liberate Tutemet Ex Inferis

New year, new projects.

Due to the current direction Games Workshop is taking with the story advancement in 40k I have decided to take a step back and see how it all pans out in the end. With the rumors of Super Marines 2.0, and the current Marine range not getting supported as much I am a bit reluctant to part with my money until I know what is actually happening.
In the meantime I will be focusing more on =][=nquisigorkamundaheim and pushing my painting, not gonna get any better if I don't try and all that.

At the moment I am trying to flesh out the background for the planet I intend on using as the setting for a campaign. I must admit I have been influenced by a number of things when I have been writing down ideas, I thought the story behind the Arkke board (by the insanely talented Neil101 if memory serves me correctly) was a stroke of genius, and the old Ragnar Blackmane novel where he ends up running around with the 13th company (cant remember the name and I don't have the book handy) on the 'Shadow planet' in the warp are two of the things that gave me the idea.

Lifting the idea of the shadow planet, and the Arkke crossing through planets in the warp causing all sorts of problems and leaving behind gateways to the ship I thought to myself 'What happens when a planet somehow merges with its shadow self?' Obviously everyone will be royally screwed, but what if it was only merged for a short time? Just enough for it to be altered into a weird Mordheim in space kinda thing?

Well that's the core idea anyway, I have written some very short story's just for a laugh over on Bolter and Chainsword, very badly written I do admit, eventually I will expand some of them and get them written properly and maybe post them.

As I usually post some random crap about films I thought I'd post some music instead.
I'm not entirely sure why I love this track so much but I cant stop playing it.

The track is by a band called 'An Autumn for Crippled Children' and it is called 'Sepia Mountains for Her Lament'.


May as well share another, this one is called 'Avoiding Winter'



No comments:

Post a Comment